Monday, March 23, 2015

Lateness Counts

Acceptable reason to be late for a date: 

"My elderly neighbor fell in her kitchen and I held her hand until the paramedics came." 

Unacceptable reason to be late for a date: 

"I was at the gym." 

Acceptable reason to be late for a date: 

"I checked all the stations for the traffic reports but then I was caught in a mind-boggling snarl that even Waze couldn't get me out of." 

Unacceptable reason to be late for a date:

"I just had to stop for a coffee." 

Yet, he then took me to Starbucks.
http://thedreamercomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1cc_41.png
Via thedreamercomic.com
It's not that complicated, is it, gentlemen? 

This—and by "this," the dressed, coiffed, and painted self that I spent an inordinate amount of mental thought and minutes analyzing, primping, and panicking over—doesn't just happen. Sure, sure, dudes don't have to do much more than shave, don a crisp-enough shirt, and utilize Google Maps. 

But when he so obviously does not respect my time and effort by not even bothering to try to arrive punctually (or to fabricate a more flattering alibi), I already hate him. "Hate," a strong word? Really? 

Try stabbing yourself in the eye with a mascara wand.  

4 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

Check out my article on the Beyond BT web site:
www.beyondbt.com/2015/03/23/the-mechutanim/

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

The shirt has to be crisp? Damn, that explains a lot...

Single on the Scene said...

I hate it when guys are late. We are all human, and I too am late sometimes...say I get to work at 9:07, but a date is a date, and there's alot of emotions and nerve, so if the guy is late, it just mean us girls wait longer, waiting=thinking, thinking too much=not healthy. We live in a day and age where we all have cellphones, so if there is a truly good excuse, then just text or call. Atleast apologize when you show up, so it might ease our anger a bit....

Princess Lea said...

MGI: Facepalm.

SotS: Pacing around, because sitting will crease my skirt, and having the tv on does nothing to distract me, even if it is a funny sitcom. Waiting is one of the most stressful purgatories there are, and when guys think "it's not a big deal," ooooooh, you goin' down.