Friday, December 14, 2012

Faux Cils

When it comes to face paint, I don't dig the subtle. There is one line, however, that I don't foresee crossing soon, and that is false lashes. 
http://www.vancouversun.com/3988456.bin
They are gorgeous, yes, but not worth the price.
Unless they are really, truly, expertly applied, they can look disconcertingly freakish. Additionally, there is a possibility of damaging the real lashes. 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JD7KZucV1RQ/UD8aQDs7ewI/AAAAAAAABws/UMePCDG3GmY/s1600/Eyelash_Extensions.jpg
I opt for dramatic mascaras instead, and simply apply as many coats that give me the volume I desire. Before yontif I actually look like I have false lashes on, without the glue.

My drugstore-issue like is L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Lashes. Clump-free? Not quite. The formula is not as smooth as the false-lash mascara offerings from Sephora, and the brush is larger than I would like, but for $8.99 (or less with a coupon) it does the job very well, especially with some primer beneath.
http://0.tqn.com/d/multiculturalbeauty/1/0/b/2/-/-/Voluminous-False-Fiber-Lashes.jpg
I find false-lash mascaras are ideal for Shabbos Face since they stay on very well without flaking, nor are they difficult to remove.

3 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

L'Oreal = Lo Real = not real.

I just thought of that today.

I think that is a very clever thing to say, especially since I almost never think about cosmetics, because I am a man.

Tovah11 said...

I had written on this before, but somehow it didn't take.

I think false lashes look good on the red carpet, professional photographs, things like that.

Otherwise, when I see them on people just walking around, they look ridiculous.

Princess Lea said...

Tovah: A concurring opinion! It is official!