Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Repurchased! VI

I am madly, passionately, violently in love with this product. It has coverage like foundation, but feels infinitely more nourishing. It swipes easily into the skin with my fingertips, blurring imperfections without heaviness. 
https://www.itcosmetics.com/dw/image/v2/AANG_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-itcosmetics-master-catalog/default/dw0ceb9ce8/product-images/091918_CCCreamExt/it-cosmetics-cc-cream-illumination-neutral-medium-2000x2000.jpg?sw=565&sh=647&sm=fit&q=70
The "Illumination" means that there's a subtle sparkly sheen; now, you know me, I'm usually loyal to matte. It is available in a non-sparkly version which I had bought initially, but Ta commented that my skin was glowing while wearing the illumination version. So I can compromise on my principles every so often. 

While it does proclaim "SPF 50," I do not feel my skin is protected enough with the thin layer I apply, so I use an additional SPF lotion beneath it. 

Originally, it was only available in Fair and Light, so I mixed the two. They have added more shades since, including a Fair Light which matches me perfectly. 
I'm a big believer that cheeks should be buffed pink (and not bronzed), and this is an ideal shade for me. I made mistakes in the past where my blush was too strong a fuchsia.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgWV766pN5NZd3B4rQS0eUp3XWUkiacqDkBf3mg64W4SDGyQvXz2rbocHlU3D54UxVZPg1YGtjQMQppZyWMWcBz_2W4vka3XCG-rk2pQouPORghRYF4BAEljfUax91a57AtZ2jzMzL3YeAj/s1600/IMG_3525.JPG
The color is also buildable; I apply less on weekdays than I do on erev Shabbos (I also use it for Shabbos Face). I believe it's matte, or at least very close to.
My daily Face involves vitamin c serum, then a layer of liquid SPF, which is topped with the above CC; by the time I'm done, my Face looks rather shiny, as though the whole edifice can slide right off. 
https://images.ulta.com/is/image/Ulta/5081177
A dusting of this, and everything is set, the whole day. Shininess is gone, and stays gone. I don't need my blotting sheets anymore!

No comments: