Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Ah, Nostalgia

Han has been a little desperate for new television options, and in that desperation, he's, um, well, watching Gilmore Girls. This is what he's reduced to after finishing The Americans

He came to me a bit puzzled as to why Dean likes Rory. In my opinion, Alexis Bledel is as cute as a button in those early episodes, but then he answered his own question: "Oh yeah, he was taken that she was reading so intently that when something loud happened she didn't even notice." 

I burst out laughing. Even Gilmore Girls peddled the romantic clichés of every girls fantasy. "Ooooh, he loves her 'cause she reads." Golly, I can't believe I fell for that. 

Han then brought me his iPad, laughing at this scene:

  

The humor here is that Rune, who is miles out of Lorelai's league, finds Lorelai hideous. 

That probably describes a number of my bad dates in a nutshell. 

Han was particularly annoyed how the relationship between Lorelai and Rory's teacher fell apart for nebulous reasons. I reminded him that this is television, and it suited the writers to keep Lorelai single, and we all know who she was meant to end up with anyway (no spoilers from me).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Han, the husband of Princess Lea, should
STUDY TORAH or recite Tehillim,
instead of wasting his precious time on television shows.

Princess Lea said...

Princess Lea wastes precious time on television shows. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.