Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Shidduch TV: "A Match Made in Heaven"

 I don't even recall how I stumbled upon this series, "A Match Made In Heaven": 

 

It was an interesting watch, if an often frustrating one. There was one interaction that jumped out at me, between . . . was it Meirav? I don't remember all the names, you'll get there, and her friend Faigy. 

Meirav (?) was saying that is so bummed after a bad date, while Faigy was claiming she is relieved, that she is one step closer to her bashert. Each were surprised at the other's perspective. 

I fell completely into the "bummed" camp. Why would I be optimistic after a string of bad dates? All it did was ignite the nasty little voice inside that said to marry the next thing that was just slightly better than them, 'cause honey, you ain't gonna do any better.

Luckily, the nasty little voice was very wrong.  

No comments: