Monday, August 16, 2021

Don't Panic.

Cosmetics can be brutal. After spending sweat, blood, and tears trying to find the right product, it can be discontinued *finger snap* like that. 

That used to terrify me. So when I came across something I really liked, I would wait for the 20% Sephora sales and HOARD. 

Ma would tell me not to. "Something else always comes along," she insisted, but I refused to believe her. 

Now that HOARD has come to bite me in the keester. 

Back in, ahem, 2012 *cringe* I was smitten with The Sephora Collection Mineral Foundation Compact. So when it was heavily reduced in price, meaning it would be soon saying "adios," I quickly pounced and amassed a stockpile. 

Which I no longer have any use for. 

Because the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream blows everything else out of the water! With the compact, I would have to apply sunscreen underneath, and then it would be a struggle to powder in the foundation on top—the application would be uneven and would pill. Then it wears off in alarming patches. (This I relearned after trying it again recently.) 

The IT has EVERYTHING. SPF. Coverage. Just the right level of moisturizing (not too much and not too little). If I set it with powder, I don't get greasy. It's beautiful. 

So now I'm sitting on a pile of fool's gold. 

When Han freaks that a product might get discontinued and we must HOARD, I hide his credit card. I have learned my lesson.

No comments: