Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Another Devoted Fan of Double Cleansing

I had posted about cleansing quite a while back, and a comment gently chastised me I was going about it wrong. "Double cleansing," HH recommended. 

I have to say I was dubious. 

Any previous forays I had had with my face and oil had not ended well. I had once tried moisturizing with jojoba oil and had a terrible breakout. 

So it took some time for me to come around. Like a year or so. 

"Double cleansing" kept popping up everywhere, with stalwart enthusiasts. One of my favorite IG skincare gurus swears by it, and her skincare dragon is acne.  

For those who don't yet know, "double cleansing" is when an oil-based cleanser is used first to melt away the day's grime and makeup, and then once the skin is free of goop, a water-based cleanser comes along and washes away the oily residue. 

Eventually, I bought Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil, and then ignored it for a few more months. Until I finally decided I was being ridiculous, what's the point in having it and not using it, and tremulously popped it open. 

Huh. Well, that actually worked.

My one lingering fear is that an oil cleanser will clog up my sink, as other cleansers have, so instead of rinsing it off I gently wipe it off my face with a wet paper towel. Then I follow up with Cerave Hydrating Foaming Cleanser. 

My skin feels wonderful afterward—soft and moisturized, not tight and squeaky. 

However, I once did have a chin breakout and I think it was because I hadn't washed off that area properly. So if prone to blemishes make sure to rinse off the oil-based cleanser well.  

No comments: