Monday, November 15, 2021

Five Minute Face

Nowadays, I don't have much time in the mornings to apply serious Face. If I do, I try to up things with my eyes, as that is what is usually neglected. But here's my new basic routine, which manages to still get me compliments from the nice lady in Costco who checks my receipt by the door. 

We begin: 

1) I clean my face with Thayer's Witch Hazel and Aloe Astringent and a cotton round;

2) I apply a Vitamin C serum. I wait until it's been absorbed (I spend the time climbing into some clothing);

3) I then shmear on IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination. This version has a sheen that makes me glowy. I've noticed as I'm getting older that my skin gets less oily so I need less powder-based products; 

4) Concealer for my monster dark circles (between genetics and exhaustion, I need it!) I apply two products. First, is a cream based color corrector. I'm currently using up one by Cover FX that I don't even think is being carried anymore by Sephora, but in any case my previous one, by Bobbi Brown (Under Eye Corrector), I liked better;

5) I have to set this cream corrector or else it settles in unpleasantly. I use the Bare Minerals Broad Spectrum Concealer in Well Rested; 

6) Mascara, preferably two coats. I'm still fond of the Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, but I haven't researched anything new in a while. Sometimes I use the Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer underneath; 

7) A swipe of Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface; 

8) I set everything with loose powder. I'm currently using one up that I bought in desperation in the drugstore. But I find most loose translucent powders to be the same in performance; 

9) I fill in my brows with Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Pencil in Taupe. I've tried a number over the years and it's my favorite. It matches my brows so well and gives excellent definition. I apply it after powder as it doesn't go on so well on freshly cced skin; 

8) LIPSTICK! I can finally wear some! I'm still working through my mother's stockpile (I know that sounds grisly but she had a major lipstick obsession and was constantly trying new colors and some of them are da bomb). I begin with lip lining, using Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil (I've used a number of pencils and I do like this one as it glides on, instead of struggling); 

9) So my lipstick of choice is rather random at the moment, currently using up a discontinued lippy by Bite Beauty. It's too satin for me, but I blot it to get the finish I want. I prefer more longer lasting options on the matte spectrum.

OK, does this take five minutes? Well, it could go a little over. But if I'm pressed for time I can always skip eyebrows or lipstick.

No comments: