Monday, June 28, 2021

Still One of My Favorite Things

Motherhood, then covid, blunted my makeup knowledge. I feel rather behind the times, clueless as to what deliciousness has hit the market in recent years. 

But I am a firm believer in beloved basics. Ma lived in Mac's Ruby Woo matte lipstick, which has been around for TWENTY TWO YEARS. Long may it reign. 

I have been rhapsodizing about IT Cosmetics CC+ Creams for a few years already, and now that I'm vaccinated I've been finally applying it again after a year. 

And you know what? It's still got it, baby! 

 IT Cosmetics CC Creams : Full Review, Swatches & Comparison of all 3. -  Laura Louise Makeup + Beauty

A 60-year-old woman, who is more tentative in her makeup than I am, bought it on my fierce recommendation. The first time she wore it, she met a friend: 

Friend: Wow! You look great! Did you have work done? 

IT Wearer: Um, nooooooo . . . 

It was only when she and her friend had parted ways that she realized she was wearing the IT Cream.

My (favorite) niece is not into makeup. But when she stopped by, she asked me about moisturizers and what to wear on her face during the day. I have her a list of instructions, along with an order to buy the Oil-Free Matte version of the IT Cream. 

"See?" I said, motioning to my own face. "It provides more coverage than tinted moisturizers, and while it moisturizes, it's not as rich and heavy as the tinted moisturizers—they made me too greasy." 

"Foundation makes me break out," my niece said. 

"This shouldn't make you break out," I assured her, "but you'll have enough coverage that it looks like you're wearing foundation." 

"Hmmmm." She peered at my skin with interest. Hope bubbled in my chest, but I decided not to push it. 

So, yes, I'm still recommending it. No, they aren't paying me. Yet.

No comments: