Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Appreciation

3PO and R2, two nephews close enough in age to get on each other's nerves, were going at it on a Friday afternoon. The go-to move is "divide and conquer"; I plucked away R2 from temptation, but needed to provide entertainment. 

R2 is familiarly adorable; he takes after Luke in looks and personality, but with some quirks thrown in. Like how he loves to clean (he was delighted with the toy broom and shovel I bought him) and he loves to cream. 

Yup, he got Babi's cream gene. This kid never gives me a hard time about shmearing coconut oil on his chapped cheeks and mouth. 

"C'mon, baby, you can watch me put on my Shabbos Face." I plunked him on a stool in my bathroom and he watched, fascinated, as I brushed and buffed. 

"Layla," he lisped, "what you doing?" 

"I'm painting my Face," I answered simply. 

"But why you paint your face?" 

"To look pretty. Do I look pretty?" 

He smiled sheepishly. "Yesh," he giggled. 

He's Hungarian, all right. 

2 comments:

Altie said...

:) I don't know how I missed this post, but that's really cute.
I love sneaking lipstick on my nieces when my sister isn't looking. Or even lip gloss, they love it.

Princess Lea said...

The wonderful role of the aunts: Corrupting the next generation.