Monday, January 23, 2017

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

I didn't know it was possible for someone to kvetch about everything.

The yeshiva looked down on him for going to college. In the business field, there is little available. Where he grew up, there were only two kosher eateries—can you imagine? The weather. Other Jews. Yeesh, those other Jews.

Years ago, I had one date that I cringingly recall. I was annoyed with this fellow to begin with, and allowed myself leeway where I shouldn't have: I kvetched a bit about my siblings, having recently gone through the babysitting wringer. 

Complaining is a no-no, in general. Rabbi Yisroel Reisman speaks very sternly about it. Jews are the people of gratitude, not ingratitude, and whining is a guaranteed way for the universe to kick one in the rear. 

I've cultivated a sunny disposition (it didn't just happen, folks!) and been all the happier for it. Like attracts like, so it is said, and I'd rather keep the Debbie Downers away. 
https://media3.giphy.com/media/PH2JVXCni3QRO/200_s.gif
And kvetching is such a turn-off.  

No comments: