Friday, November 9, 2018

DIY Wart Begone

I had an innocuous little wart on one finger. Not particularly noticeable, but I wanted it gone. 

The last time I treated warts I was a kid. I had one on the back of my hand, and classmates were shrieking "What is THAT?" in exaggerated horror. Ta bought me a treatment kit and it vanished rather quickly. 

This time around, I remembered that I had heard once that wart treatment is salicylic acid. The main ingredient in aspirin is salicylic acid. 
https://images.agoramedia.com/everydayhealth/gcms/5-Surprising-Uses-for-Aspirin-722x406.jpg
I double-checked with the internet and confirmed I wasn't (completely) crazy. Before bed, I dissolved an aspirin tablet in a dab of aloe, applied it to the wart, and covered with a band-aid. 

In a couple of weeks—vanished. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, how did you dissolve the tablet? Just let it sit in aloe for some time?

Princess Lea said...

Yes. Doesn't take long. It dissolves rather quickly.