Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lashes for Pesach

Now, I know makeup for Shabbos is nerve racking enough, never mind makeup for a two-day yontif. But I have developed a system for keeping on, at least, mascara for three-day yomim tovim, never mind two.  I'll share all these in the fullness of time. Here's one step.

Tarte is a brand I really like, in their pursuit of "healthier" cosmetics. They are the only company that I know of so far that carries a long-wear mascara. The 4 Day Lash Stain does not have the consistency of mascara; it is more like a lacquer. I do not use it for Shabbos, since other mascara means that are easier to get off are preferable;  but for the yomim tovim, it is a better option. 

I pretty much just layer it on, alternating with other mascaras. Getting it off is a little more problematic; soap and water won't cut it. Saturating a cotton ball with baby oil, let it sit on your eye for a minute or so, and then slowly, gently, lovingly, rub it off. It may take a few attempts, but do not rush things. One does not want to lose lashes in the process. 

Sephora has very good online policies, if getting to the store itself is not possible in this busy season. Shipping is free for a $50 purchase, a flat rate of $5.95 otherwise, and mailed returns are free. Plus, the few times that I ordered online, standard shipping, the box was on my doorstep the next day.

No comments: