Monday, April 11, 2011

Prevent the Inevitable

Even middle-aged women have laughed at my skincare regimen. 

"Is it so terrible to look ahead?," I inquire, flummoxed. "Haroya es hanoled.

I have enough great-aunts with road-map visages due to a life of sun worship that I diligently apply SPF every morning, be it sunny, cloudy, or monsoon weather. At night I slather on creams that scream "anti-aging" on the jar. And tugging my lids for eyeliner?

Never.

Enough skincare experts will back me up on this: it is easier to prevent than to repair. Sort of like it being easier for a tailor to take in rather than let out.

Yes, I may be merely 25, but I don't want to look back and say, "I should have taken better care of my skin," then hopping on a plane to Brazil to get my face redone.

So get a jar of face cream (I'll tell you which one). In 30 years, you won't regret it.

No comments: