Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stjepan Inspiration

Europeans are just so interesting. So often when I hear an interview or read a blurb about 'em, I feel like a dumb, unexposed American. 

I just finished reading “The Book of Ego” by Osho. I was blown away by this book. After reading it, I became aware that people are wearing so many different masks in life and on social media. Very often people are obsessed with what others think of them. It’s like if a flower wants to be a cactus or a palm but it’s not. A flower is a flower and that’s enough. That’s all you have to do is be a flower.
How many of us live our lives based on a script that we chose to pick up?
Walking is my big passion. I love walking for hours and hours every day. Everywhere I’ve gone, I walked so much, I can say I walked the entire planet. It relaxes me and gives me time and space to think about things. Once I walked 12 hours nonstop in London. I walked the whole Thames; the whole river.
It's not just about the walking; it's the ability to walk alone, for hours, consumed with only one's thoughts. So many refuse to give themselves a moment to think, simply because they don't like what's rattling around in there. 

Now that would be an experiment: How long can any of us walk without any other distractions? 

But anyway, here is the original AC/DC "Thunderstruck": 


And the 2Cellos version:  
 

2 comments:

Daniel Saunders said...

I'm not sure if you count Brits as Europeans (we aren't continentals), but if you do, I can assure you, there are plenty of "dumb, unexposed" Europeans too. More than enough of them. Conversely, I've encountered many intelligent, rounded Americans.

I walk quite a bit and I like to walk without distractions (though I use my ipod when jogging - the beat is helpful). Solvitur ambulando - the problem is solved by walking. Although when the depression is bad it can just encourage negative ruminations and worries. I probably live inside my head more than most people, though, probably too much so. The Rambam's middle path is a good thing...

Princess Lea said...

Oh, you Brits are the best at acceptance speeches by awards. They go up, say something pithy and self-deprecating, and classily clasp the statue. Americans go up and sob until the "Get off the stage already" music starts.

My head can be my greatest enemy and my best friend.