Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Repurchased! II

Okay, about time I shared a few more repurchased favorites! The ones listed in my first "The Repurchased!" post I am happy to report have remained beloved, despite the stiff competition.

 Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in 01 Black. When I began to apply daily paint, I tried pencil but ended up looking rather terrifying as kohl tendrils would dribble down my cheeks. I used pressed powder liner for years until I tried all the top rated pencils at Sephora. This one is quite affordable and performs the best. Creamy, easy application, then smudge it in, and I look smashing until I take it off at night. (Disclaimer: Great for everyday, but not my option for Shabbos Face.) 
http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1118033-main-hero-300.jpg
 Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++. I have combination skin, which means my cheeks feel deprived of moisture while my t-zone gets greasy. This, somehow (maybe I don't want to know), keeps the oil in check while the dry areas are soothed. That's right, it's also a moisturizer. I always have a spare tube of this lying around. It must, and I mean must, go underneath any major Face.

  Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Electric Pink Matte. Apply it with a lip brush on top of balm, lips are prettily enhanced; full on application for strong, feisty pigment. It's not as drying or hard to work with like other matte lipsticks, and can be made appropriate for any occasion. Although, come to think of it, the coral pink shade may not be the go-to for fall. Oops. Should have put this in an April post.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=69027584
 Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Without primer my shadow makes a run for it; on weekdays, tinted moisturizer on my eyes does the trick, but I use this to keep my shadow on for simchos. A must before Shabbos and Yontif, obviously, but I do admit that on Shabbos morning there is a 50-50 chance that one eye's shadow will be gone. "A Clockwork Orange" look, sadly, has not yet taken on. (I'm currently experiencing with face setting sprays on top for bulletproof wear. Reviews soon.) 
https://d210vlyat54t3c.cloudfront.net/media/transfer/img/g_20036.jpg
 FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara. I originally discovered this in Sephora, but then they stopped carrying it; bless thee, Amazon. If you aren't a fan of bodacious lashes, this may not be for you; the brush packs a lot of product. But it is ideal for Shabbos and Yontif Face, when applied in layers and with other alternating mascaras. Some mascaras leave a sticky finish that can result in clumped lashes Shabbos morning, but so far, not this baby. Ma and I get a little panicked if we run out.  
http://www.allure.com/images/beauty-products/makeup/2012/fairydrops-scandal-queen-mascara.jpg 
So, my frumanistas: Anyone want to contribute their "Repurchased!" loves? C'mon, I know you want to . . . 

No comments: