Friday, October 5, 2018

Toasted

You know those ginourmous chocolate-nut platters that people send that never get touched? 

So I had a pile of walnuts sitting in my fridge. They had a minty (blah) flavor after being parked in the platter for too long, but I didn't have the heart to throw them out. I thought to search how to get the stale out. 

http://sixburnersue.com/cooking-fresh-eating-green/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/IMG_9091_1.jpg
Via sixburnersue
Just bake 'em for a few minutes. Which I did. 

The results were . . . OMG amazing.

When I told my sister, she laughed. "Duh! I made a salad once with toasted nuts. Everyone was like, 'WHAT is in the dressing?' and I said, 'It's the nuts,' and they didn't believe me." 

Now I toast the walnuts even when they're fresh, to put in brownies or muffins or to munch on. 

No comments: