Friday, October 19, 2018

Powder to Correct and to Conceal

This was a usual scene following a date with Han: 

I breezily floated through the door, thinking, "At least my makeup was on point." Trotting blithely to the mirror to brush my teeth, the record needle scratched. 

My eye pencil had . . . migrated. Downward. Oh frack. I looked like this all night? The humiliation!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj8Lx7Y4c5xVsozHAauvT8g889ubf9JlR6JG9Mxll2kA0aGYvNT6vyp1DC9I6V1zcBLHewvOBtYNLke1FWqA0yFCUtiJC2JVVLGUUvrvu5sAs9HZo3-LRAi71jTBjzWgTi95lsshvXroPt1/s1600/running_1.jpg
Well, maybe not this bad.
For years, my eyeliner did what it was told. I didn't understand what had changed. Was it my color corrector that I had fallen in love with? Was it making the territory under my eyes to greasy?

I tried applying lid primer. I tried setting the color corrector with the concealer powder. Nothing doing. 

"That it!" I wailed, as my pencil smudged yet again. "I'm done with eyeliner!"

The next morning I picked it up again. I love it so. And we used to get along so well. What changed? 

I don't know. But then I bought a color corrector powder. I then top it when with my trusty concealer powder. Then I apply the pencil on top.     
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dFp3B6nTL._SX355_.jpg
Success! 

Rewind: What is the purpose of color corrector? I have TERRIFYING dark circles. Like, zombie quality. Concealer alone simply mutes it to an unappealing shade of gray. Color corrector in peachy shades neutralizes the purple, then the concealer on top looks more like my skin tone. 

I still prefer the finish of the cream correctors and concealers, but we can't have it all.

No comments: