Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Repurchased!

When it comes to cosmetics, I am always on the search for something newer, better, brighter. But often I am stung, and I back away to simply buy again that wonderful item that just stays wonderful.

  Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Finland. While this is too rich for my combination skin in summer, it makes the best daytime protective eye cream. Every SPF I've tried burned my eyes, but this doesn't. I dab this around the entire eye area, and it also serves as a pretty good lid primer and holds onto shadow all day. For the winter months (like now) my skin needs more moisture; it protects, provides light coverage, and doesn't clog pores.  
http://www.amodelrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_4827.jpg
 bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face in Well Rested. This concealer changed my life. I have monster dark circles (thanks to genetics) and this is the easiest and most fool-proof way of neutralizing them. I apply this on top of the Nars TM using a fluffy eye shadow brush; I buff this powder concealer onto my dark circles. That's it. No creasing throughout the day, and it stays put until I wash it off. Complete with SPF, what more could a girl want? 
http://i48.tinypic.com/n2ls8p.jpg
 Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. It separates, it volumizes, it nourishes, provides a rich, chic black, and even stays pretty well over Shabbos with lash primer. I have bought this over, and over, and over. 
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/688075/tarte-gifted-amazonian-clay-smart-mascara-profile.jpg
 Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick in Perpetual Peony. This lipstick shade is matte, and absolute perfection on top of a darker longwearing lipstick to provide the best Shabbos lips. I have gotten so many compliments for it. I am so hooked on it that I a receive a new one automatically every six months from Amazon's Subscribe and Save.

 Tarte EmphasEYES for Brows High Definition Brow Pencil in Taupe. This color is always sold out online, so I just buy one whenever I see it in store. It effortlessly provides a smart shape to my brows, making them look ridiculously sharp. Other eyebrow pencils tend to be too brown; the Taupe disappears into my brow hair, defining but not darkening. 

  Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. As lash primers go, da bomb. The brush is of a comb-like structure, so it separates as it applies those scrumptious plumping fibers. Before yontif I layer on two coats before the eight coats of mascara, and whoa!
http://img.allw.mn/content/makeup/2012/05/1_diorshow-maximizer-lash-plumping-serum.jpg     

9 comments:

FrumGeek said...

You have dark circles!?! Even with your 8+ hours of sleep!?!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have to stop. I can't afford to keep buying makeup every time I read a new post of yours.

As validation - I got the Tarte mascara a while back when you mentioned it and love it. I'm on my second now. And I've been through a lot of mascaras (plus have to import this from the US to e'y).

And dark circles have very little to do with sleep. Although they do get somewhat worse from lack of sleep. I've always wondered if my circles would go away if I got enough sleep or I was born with them... (I've never gotten enough sleep to figure it out.) Then I had a kid. I was born with them.

(I am now trying to resist the urge to buy your circle-cover-up suggestions...)

Princess Lea said...

FG: Genetics. When I'm rested they are moderately zombie; when I am exhausted I am full-on "It's aliiiiiiive!"

Anon: It really does give me joy to know I have recommended a useful item—and mascara is the ONE MUST. Eyeliner, shadow, merely commentary. MASCARA always!

I am sorry (kinda)that I have lead you into unfulfilled temptation; but as a warning, I have a post on perfume going up next Friday.

(Buuuut, the concealer lasts a really long time, plus I use a cheap makeup brush from Target to apply it. Kinda pays for itself in no time.)

Anonymous said...

nars tinted moisturizer has algae in it and causes massive breakouts. That was my experience at least.

Princess Lea said...

Hm! My skin is pretty particular but it seems to be okay with it. Have you found anything that works well with your skin? I'm always up for new product recommendations!

Wondering Minds said...

Kinda random: But I won a "bellapulse" and I don't even think it's for men...not that I would use it even if it was.
But now at least my future spouse will have a nice gift at some point!

Princess Lea said...

I never win anything. It must be so fun to win something, even if one can't use it.

I like the sleek black packaging, though, so I think you can get away with using it. Dudes' faces need a little love, too.

Wondering Minds said...

I rarely win anything as well.

However, I found this contest thru a few great promoters on Twitter.

Make a Twitter account (if you don't have one already) and follow @alywalansky and @BryceGruber, who both run contests all the time, mostly skin care products!

Princess Lea said...

Thanks!