Monday, March 21, 2016

Clarisonic Review

It was during the 2014 annual Sephora sale that I finally got me a Clarisonic, hubba hubba. It remained in the box for nearly a full year following, as I waited patiently for my previous electronic face brush to die a natural death. It didn't. Well, YOLO, right? 

I've been using it for a few months now, so I'm due for a review. 

The Clarisonic is different from other face brushes in that the brush head does not rotate, it oscillates; it "wum-wum-wum"s deep into the pores while the user physically rotates the thingy across the face. 
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iIz9D5Vzjhc/maxresdefault.jpg
I initially got into electronic face brushes after I bought one on a lark and my blemish-breakouts diminished exponentially. I got the Mia 2 model, which is smaller than the original. I noted that after I started using the Clarisonic, my facial skin improved in glowiness. I don't know if it is because of the brush massaging or because of the claim that deeper cleansing leads to better absorption of product, but cool. 
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Clarisonic-Mia-2-Hollywood-Lights-Collection.jpg
The one feature I don't like is the automatic timer, which they terrorize you with: 20 seconds on forehead, 10 seconds for each cheek and nose and chin. There is a hiccup in the vibration to alert you to move to a different zone. Then it automatically shuts off. 

I don't like this, see, because my forehead doesn't need 20 seconds of scouring, and I would like to spend as much time as I like, thank you very much, cleansing the facial areas that I want to cleanse, like my nose and chin. Just a few more seconds, please, that would be great. 

Clarisonic informs me that the timer on the Mia 2 cannot be disabled, but I'll keep my toy anyway. Wum-wum-wum.   

No comments: