Friday, October 18, 2013

Found What You're Looking For?

When it comes to successful shidduchim, there seems to be two primary schools of thought.

Tactic 1:  

"I didn't think we would have anything in common, but then I thought, 'What the heck?,' and we are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary!"

Tactic 2: 

"No guy did it for me, you know? I was open, I tried, but I still wouldn't 'settle.' I stuck to my criteria, and in the end I found everything that I wanted, and more."

What is a dating girl to do? 

There are enough proofs on either end; being admonished not to be "so picky" by complete strangers, yet knowing in my gut that compromising on that won't lead to a happy ending. 

People like tried and true formulas, but in the messy, individual experience that is dating (the only common factor seems to be frustration) there can't be absolutes. 
http://andrearobin1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/bsherthappens1.gif
Let us all lower the wagging finger of reprimand, and let marriages occur as they will, as original and unique as the partners themselves. 

No comments: