Monday, June 8, 2015

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Primers have been worshipped for some time in the makeup world, but I was leery about applying too many products to my potentially hysterical skin. I've used them on and off over the years, but never found the experience enlightening. 

At one point I gave in and purchased a highly rated product that claimed to work miracles, but I saw no benefits from its use. I returned it, and believed myself content. 

But I suffer from an insatiable curiosity when it comes to cosmetics, so during a coupon promotion I bought another that is highly rated, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.
 http://amymirandamakeup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/074015283_product_1.jpg
Well, the difference is quite clear. The product itself is light and almost powdery, and I feel it bonding with my skin without buildup or heaviness. After I give it a few minutes to set, I bounce on foundation with a dampened makeup sponge. 

Shabbos morning there is distinctly more foundation on my face then when I applied it without primer or with different primer. 

Ma used to be a loyal user of the Smashbox primer, but she's converted to the Hourglass as well. Her skin is drier than mine, but she is equally happy with its performance. She was never content with the lid primer I bought for her, and she uses the Hourglass on her lids as well to hold onto eyeshadow. The performance is comparable, perhaps even better than the "official" lid primer.

No comments: