Friday, May 27, 2011

Shabbos Face: Priming the Skin

It took great experimentation, much research, and spent money. I now bestow upon thee . . . the premiere of Shabbos Face. Bum bum bum bum . . .

Be aware that Shabbos Face can also be synonymous with Simcha Face.

The face must be prepped. Since this face will be on for 25 hours, no errant traces of dirt should be trapped beneath all that makeup. I use an exfoliating scrub in the shower, and before applying the face I give a swish of toner to make sure everything is off. 

Step 1: Primer

Primers give the makeup a smooth base, can fill in wrinkles, and the makeup will last longer. I didn't bother with it until I came across Cover FX Clearprep Matte Foundation Primer and Anti-Acne Treatment. It has salicylic acid, which prevents and treats blemishes, a plus if a Face is going to be on for more than a day (also great for the summer months). 

 Sometimes I feel as though this primer needs to be mellowed a little (like in the winter), as I do have combination skin, and I once got a sample (pays to be a Beauty Insider) of Korres Face Primer. I liked it so much I bought it in full size. This moisturizes the face lightly and pleasantly, and I combine the two.

The most loved primer out there, for those who do not have complicated skin, is Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It is highly recommended by practically every "expert" out there, and my mother (the guru) really loves it.  

Stay tuned for another edition of Shabbos Face: Liquid Foundation Returns.

No comments: