Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hey Bright Eyes

As I previously addressed, I prefer not to color my waterline with black pencil since I think it makes eyes look smaller. 

Previously I had the Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener, which is nude/soft beige. It lasts okay. 

I decided I wanted to get a white pencil for extra drama, à la this ad: 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhn1jNmQdbJYFFOEiKlPm-f1AdKSZwemyPu3DdpImEAWzAmrjlXkt1sWI7oHWFN2zHAYomylQqKSEWcgD0dlNi43NniE2sjTj57_-dxJ2kYuc9GBBagGayM4o1dPRganhRkTPFXa3Y36wQ/s1600/GraffDiamondsIPOMay2012.jpg
My fetish for bling aside, check out her waterline. WHITE pencil.

Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Santa Monica Blvd was my first try. It goes without saying that of course the only pencil I would try would be matte, and most have a pearl or shimmer finish, so there is a somewhat narrow selection.

I swiped it along my hand, and I was amazed that no matter how I smudged it with my finger, it did not budge. The question is if that bond will be there with a damp base like the waterline. 

Hmph. No matter how many times I ran it up and down my eyelid, only a fraction of color deposited there. Time for an exchange.

Enter Make Up For Ever Kohl Pencil in Matte White 2K. This one was much better than the Nars for the waterline—is actually colored it.

While watching a tutorial on YouTube by Zukreat, I picked up this tip: After applying nude or white pencil to the waterline, set it with a like-colored eyeshadow. So for this, I would use my white Illamasqua shadow; for the Tarte nude-hue, I use the eyeshadow for highlighting my eyebrow arch. 

No comments: