Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm Over Here

"Are you texting us? Because we're the ones talking to you."

Oh, snap! Courtesy of Law & Order: Criminal Intent "Rispetto." Detective Goren said this while trying to get information from a business associate of a suspect, who was blandly flipping through his emails while being interviewed. 
http://www.tvequals.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/LAW-ORDER-CRIMINAL-INTENT-Season-10-Cast-3.jpg
The episode was named for the Italian word meaning "respect." Certainly when I am sitting at a table with another person I would prefer if they didn't whip out their toy while I am telling them a story and proceed to have a texted conversation with someone else while emitting unconvincing "uh-huh"s to prove they're listening.  

I would also like to express my belated condolences upon the demise of Criminal Intent. You will be missed. 

Oh, Bobby . . . (As in Robert Goren, not my grandmother). 

No comments: