Friday, March 22, 2013

Chip Free Manicure

I usually do my nails on Thursday night for Shabbos; this time, I had tried a different topcoat, and even though I let my nails dry for more than an hour before going to sleep, my bed sheets left their marks all over. I quickly painted a second layer of topcoat to smooth out the dents before I ran out the door. 

My nail polish did not budge until I took 'em off on Tuesday (I usually give my nails breathing time without any varnish; in my case, they then crack less)

To double-check my epiphany, I tried it again the following week. Despite the fact I spent all of Sunday sorting through the garage and dealing with dirty, heavy, metal junk, my nails were un-chipped.

Whenever I tried applying the topcoats back-to-back my nails just stayed soggy and never dried. If eight hours are between, however, that seems to work.

My current favorite topcoat is Barielle Ultra Speed Dry Manicure Extender

No comments: