Sunday, April 13, 2014

How to Be Frum

David Brooks wrote a lovely piece, "Alone, Yet Not Alone," about the state of the faithful. 

Not long, I could not bear to simply copy over bits and expound of them, since the words need no further expounding. 

Frumkeit is not about adamant certainty. Au contraire, religion is about being sensitive to the majesty of existence, and that "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." 

Oh, for those seeking another guaranteed Pesach recipe, I made Pragmatic Attic's Intense Fudge Nuggets for my niece and they are so good I ended up eating most of them before she actually arrived for Pesach. 
http://pragmaticattic.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/img_2227.jpg
Via Pragmatic Attic
Two egg whites, no oil, reasonable sugar, swift and easy assembly; probably took me less then a half hour from beginning to removing from oven. Eat and you shall moan. These shall not be kept for Pesach alone.  

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the link. I'm glad the recipe worked out for you.

Chag Sameach!!

Princess Lea said...

My niece and EVERYBODY else LOVED it. Chag Sameach!