Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bum Bum Bum Bum BA Bum Bum BA Bum

If anyone didn't get that, it's Darth Vader's theme. 

What could be more awesome then flipping through the Sunday Styles and being faced with an article about Star Wars' endurance
It cites this ad, which I have bookmarked, and watch from time to time. 

My nephew, like the boy in the article, refers to Darth as "Dark," and creates his own fantasy. He refused to believe me when I told him Boba Fett is Jango Fett's son (actually, his clone, but I can't exactly explain that to a five year old). 

He has only watched one of the films, but he has an army of Star Wars Lego, as well as the same Nintendo DS game (where the bad guys explode into Lego bits and pieces). 

This allure is not solely with the child-crowd; there are even adults currently in Jedi training. He may not have been Yoda's student, but since we are in a limited galaxy one just has to make do. 

My thanks to George Lucas, for appealing to children, as well as every adult's inner child.  

No comments: