Sunday, October 7, 2012

BY's Roasted Garlic Zucchini Soup

My sister had bought for Ma The Bais Yaakov Cookbook, and recommended she try a specific soup recipe for first days. 

What I love about cooking (as opposed to baking) is that no recipe is carved in stone. One can keep and add what one likes, and discard what one doesn't. And if I am a carrot short, it isn't the end of the world.

In the case of the Roasted Garlic Zucchini Soup (available on the slideshow on the website, page 10), the ingredients to eschew was the chicken soup mix and vegetable soup mix (sodium central!) Granted, the recipe does allow for salt instead, but I didn't add remotely as much as they recommend. 

Out of laziness (and the fact that I have to wear goggles while I chop onions) I didn't use as many onions as they list; instead of 4, I did 1.5. I figured the onion-y flavor in the leeks was sufficient. 

I gotta say, this soup came out something AMAZING. I kept dreaming about it way after it was heartily consumed. The taste . . . the nutrition . . . the yummy garlic . . . 

It was just so easy. Throw it together and see for yourself.   

2 comments:

FrumGeek said...

I am confused. Girls like food too?

Princess Lea said...

You are taking girls at face value.

You see, if you squeal "I couldn't possibly eat THAT!" and then you eat it, the calories don't count.

But in any case, this soup is beyond nutritious, it was incredibly filling, and wasn't the culprit for my day-after-yontif waddling.