Friday, November 16, 2012

How Low Can You Go

When I initially joined Facebook quite a few years back, I was definitely threatened by the quantity of "friends" some had managed to "acquire." 

I even, to my chagrin, sent friend requests to those I was of glancing acquaintance in a weak attempt to raise my numbers. I was selective enough to refuse friend requests from complete strangers, but it was not necessary to friend some of those that I had.

One day, after lamely surfing about on FB, I decided to look up a recently engaged gal whom I know of. She had a grand total of 27 friends. 

Now I was insecure for the opposite reason. How could I, self-proclaimed Un-Carer of Societal Norms, have sunk to such depths?
 
I attacked my friend list with the determination to shrink its numbers. Let's see, who's getting the ax?

No, can't de-friend her, she'll be offended . . . 

Not him, he posts kinda entertaining stuff . . . 

She may come in useful one day . . . 

Instead of the weed-whacker approach, I ended up eyebrow-plucking instead.

It's still progress.         

4 comments:

FrumGeek said...

My friend's sister has a total of 6 friends on fb, two of which are siblings and three of which are her siblings friends. (Most of her friends are 'too frim' for fb, I think.)

Tovah11 said...

Look, I've got a measly 22 friends on FB and I've clawed and scratched my way to those 22. I did get one member of my family. (Thanks alot guys!)

Sporadic Intelligence said...

Went through the same motions...now my numbers are stagnant, but if I go down one, I'll know you've given me the axe ;)

Princess Lea said...

FG: I have noticed that Google+ is the more preferred hangout for some Jewish gals. Maybe she can find them there . . .

Tovah: Most of mine are cousins and second cousins that I barely know. One perk for having a large extended family, even if we all suspiciously have the same last name.

SI: You're safe! :D