Friday, December 14, 2012

Faux Cils

When it comes to face paint, I don't dig the subtle. There is one line, however, that I don't foresee crossing soon, and that is false lashes.
They are gorgeous, yes, but not worth the price.
Unless they are really, truly, expertly applied, they can look disconcertingly freakish. Additionally, there is a possibility of damaging the real lashes.
I opt for dramatic mascaras instead, and simply apply as many coats that give me the volume I desire. Before yontif I actually look like I have false lashes on, without the glue.

My drugstore-issue like is L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Lashes. Clump-free? Not quite. The formula is not as smooth as the false-lash mascara offerings from Sephora, and the brush is larger than I would like, but for $8.99 (or less with a coupon) it does the job very well, especially with some primer beneath.
I find false-lash mascaras are ideal for Shabbos Face since they stay on very well without flaking, nor are they difficult to remove.


Mr. Cohen said...

L'Oreal = Lo Real = not real.

I just thought of that today.

I think that is a very clever thing to say, especially since I almost never think about cosmetics, because I am a man.

Tovah11 said...

I had written on this before, but somehow it didn't take.

I think false lashes look good on the red carpet, professional photographs, things like that.

Otherwise, when I see them on people just walking around, they look ridiculous.

Princess Lea said...

Tovah: A concurring opinion! It is official!