Monday, December 1, 2014

Not Juicing, Exactly

After I watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead," I was all gung-ho to get a juicer. Or is it a masticator? The movie made the whole juicing enterprise to look so appealing, and even tasty. 
http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Shot-3-039.jpg
Joe Cross
But juicing separates produce from the beneficial, fibrous bulk. I wondered, Why can't I just eat the fruits and vegetables whole?  I don't want to drink plantlife, I want to munch on them.

Following the over-eating and the scale-shock of a variety of yontifs, I decided to put my theory to the test. 

The premise of the documentary is that Joe was suicidally obese, and under medical oversight, he was recommended to sip the benefits of fruits and veggies (only, consuming nothing else) so his body stayed nourished while it burned off the excess weight. 

Okay, so I had excess weight (albeit a somewhat reasonable five pounds). So I stuck with fruits and veggies, then, but without beating them to a pulp. 

Breakfast: Fruit. As much fruit as I like. (This I got from LT.) But taking food combining into consideration, I cease by 10:30 so there is no more fruit in my belly by the time I have—

Lunch: A vegetable soup, free of any starches. 

Snack: If I feel peckish, some raw cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, and the like. If the flavor isn't sufficient, dust with some garlic powder and my favorite, dill. 

Dinner: Some more veggies. There are all sorts of pleasant recipes out there, like ratatouille. 

It should be clarified that since over-indulgence tends to be paired with over-saltiness, some of that weight could be water in nature. Be very, very careful when using salt while cooking; you'd be very, very surprised at the havoc just a little extra salt can wreak. 

"What about protein!?" you may ask. After consuming all sorts of fish, eggs, and meat, the body will be fine a few days without it. Also, vegetables have more protein than people realize. Peas, spinach, broccoli are just a few that have good amounts of protein.

Joe Cross went two months without animal-based protein, and he was fine. After all, mankind wasn't allowed to eat meat until after the Mabul, right? They survived until then.

Results: Without starving myself at all, I was able to re-acheive the goal weight. 

Do you know what this means?!? That means that no one need ever starve in order to get to a reasonable dress size. I haven't gone hungry in months now, but I am better friends with the scale than I ever was. 

Recommendation: The Bais Yaakov Cookbook's Roasted Garlic Zucchini Soup. It was made on those yontif days, and I must say it helped prevent true tragedies.   

http://content0.tastebook.com/content/photo/user_photo/gVZzKUv413c213637383731313TaGqgdht_1392949302.jpg
Via tastebook.com

No comments: