Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Super Makeup!

If it isn't already obvious, I like cartoons. Comics. Hand-drawn characters.

Makeup has noticed that niche. Themed makeup echoing the feisty fictional characters of childhood has its appeals even amongst the adult sect.
http://static.becomegorgeous.com/img/arts/2011/Oct/23/5739/miss_piggy_mac_make_up_collection_thumb.jpg
While the idea of Miss Piggy eyeliner should be able to reel me in oh-so-easily, I believe certain things in life shouldn't overlap. Makeup and Smurfs are two such concepts.

The more themed a cosmetic item is, the more I consider it incompetent. I do not want my lipstick endorsed by a Princess of the Amazons.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgXcLisysKx75GPWkLuOkC7bhd7itki0Xb1j05LiuG7Re5fQ363ivmSGwbwMNTtTIDNI8mkkwbfTOW1SdXWhCXeEPQ-_bPQ290NwJteynelwQ69h_rEt3gDbC8AjaSUXGImyLPFg3tX1sy8/s1600/MAC-Wonder-Woman-collection.jpg

4 comments:

corti said...

I watched Project Runway for the first time on a recent flight... the task was to design an outfit for Miss Piggy to wear to an award ceremony of sorts- and she was even one of the judges. I found it so strange but I guess people like the new movie that much!

FrumGeek said...

That movie was fantastic!

Yeah, I see your point, tho if Batman told me to buy something, I'd have to listen! lol!

(oh, and this is totally unrelated, but yesterday I met Kevin Conroy (the voice of Batman), Andrea Romano (voice director of everything from Animaniacs to Justice League), and Phil Morris (Jackie Chiles in Seinfeld, Martian Manhunter in Smallville, was in a bunch of Star Trek stuff, and voiced Dr. Sweet in Atlantis, Vandal Savage in Justice League, and a bunch of other stuff). I just had to share that with someone who'd apriciate it :) )

Elisheva said...

Oooh I love themed beauty products! To me, that's all the fun in makeup.

Ok, so there is something to minimalism in makeup (black packaging, sleekness and simplicity) that makes you feel it works better.

But in truth, it's all the same stuff in the container. Why not make it more exciting?

I admit, though, that the character associated with the product does make a difference. Sephora's Hello Kitty collection may look cute, but it's not a character I want to channel. Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is another story!

Princess Lea said...

Corti: I would totally have seen that episode!

FG: Well, I do have a soft spot for the Dark Knight. If he told me to do something, I would listen.

You met Kevin Conroy? From the 90's animated series? I WANT TO HURT YOU. If you met Maurice La Marche I would have to kill you. DUDE!

Elisheva: Maybe it's the whole primary color scheme, but WW doesn't do it for me. Maybe if it was Rogue from the X-Men . . .