Friday, November 25, 2011

Shabbos Face: Eyeshadow II

This step is not really necessary; I omit it often. But it can add extra dimension and depth to the eyes, so if one has time and is intrigued . . .  

When applying more than one eyeshadow shade, I prefer not to use differing colors, but rather lighter and darker shades of the same hue. 

I favor gray eyeshadow for Shabbos and occasions for a smoky eye. My current faves are Illamasqua's Incubus and Feline
Via MakeupAlley.com
Taking the lighter shade first (in my case, Feline), I apply it to the lid. The brush for this step does not have to be a specialized one - I just use whatever comes to hand. 

Then, using my specifically selected eyeshadow brush (which I discussed in Eyeshadow I), I apply the darker color into the crease. 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj3IkIWS3rD9uR0o_Ylm94c7OOwtr8I2ZtVEGtFdqJvlQfxddKEgHdzHYEuLCLP2-tLlBoSTp_RwVcGyJhvPaHqoSjwgJyZrlOFEvbJok8XqSF3vCpglTEZ1qh8DLJ15ni9yQl9TKDl1VI/s1600/eye_map.jpg
via LamasBeauty.com
When using brown eyeshadow - the lighter shade can be gold and the darker shade more brown. Such colors make brown eyes really pop. 
http://www.paklinks.com/gsmedia/files/95490/gold-eyeshadow.JPG
Via PakLinks.com
Next Friday: Highlight!

No comments: