Thursday, January 12, 2012

Big Watches


I like me a big watch. I find that large, clunky, cuff-like men's watches grant an aura of daintiness; small, thin timepieces make me feel less fine-boned, oddly enough. Women cited in the article like a big watch too, and since their men can't wear a watch smaller than the women in their life, theirs get to be HUGE. 

While the article was saying that due to the prominence of cell phones and such, watches are now for strictly showing-off purposes, I actually use my watch since I have an aversion toward phones in general. 

The other benefit to large watches is that it is really easy to tell time with those huge hands and prominent numbers. Ergo, less squinting. Meaning, no wrinkles.

10 comments:

JerusalemStoned said...

aint in beautiful when it all comes together like that!

Princess Lea said...

My brother actually asked me to get him the same watch he got for himself. My dates check out my watches, asking me where I got it. It's my spin on the boyfriend tee.

Has any other bloggers been having spontaneous changes in their comment font size settings?

Jewish Gal said...

I just got a new watch recently and it's the small thin kind. Bigger watches feel uncomfortable and get in the way for me. I get what you're saying about the dainty aura, but my watch is loose enough to make up for that.

Yeah, the font size has suddenly gotten smaller. Not sure what's up with that.

Princess Lea said...

Of course it is a preference. I just thought I was alone, and the article says I'm not. I have company.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Blogger changed it. Its an update on the whole comment thing. It also allows people to reply to comments instead of having to do "@" comments. http://buzz.blogger.com/2012/01/engage-with-your-readers-through.html

iTripped said...

I was skeptical when someone gave me a big watch as a gift a few years back- it seemed so gaudy and not to my taste. Now that watch is my everyday accessory, and it constantly gets complimented. Too bad it doesn't actually have numbers… that's partly why I use my phone to tell time.

If only someone would invent a cell phone that you can wear on your wrist...

Princess Lea said...

They have that in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Well, actually more like a TV set and atomic clock surgically implanted into the wrist.

Princess Lea said...

How do I change my comment size? I went into the HTML and I tried to change it but it didn't reflect any of the changes.

iTripped said...

But can it be turned off on Shabbos? And if so, is it considered carrying if it's attached to your body?? I'm sure Douglas Adams didn't take that into account.

Princess Lea said...

Hee hee. Considering how Earth was obliterated, how would one keep Shabbos on Pluto? How does one calculate Shabbos in deep space?