Friday, August 12, 2011

The Eyeshadow for All

The point of eyeshadow is to highlight and emphasize each woman's finest feature, which I believe are the eyes, the portals to the soul, the windows to the heart, the pathway to the pupils.

While there are a few universally flattering shades, there is only one hue of eyeshadow that can make me stop in my tracks and say, "Wow, she's got a great Face on." The most flattering, ideal eye shadow shade is (drumroll please) . . .

Gray/silver. No matter what color the irises, gray/silver eyeshadow emphasizes and enlarges the eyes.

As with any of my makeups, my choice is always matte. Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Incubus in a lovely dark gray eyeshadow, with no underlying purple or brown hues. Feline is a light gray shade.
http://img.makeupalley.com/7/6/8/1/1684700.JPG
Via MakeupAlley
Make Up For Ever has a few matte eyeshadows - Slate Grey 33, which is lighter than Anthracite 40.
Via Picasa Album of Make Up Viviana

Of course, there are other beautiful shades. I'll address them as well soon.

8 comments:

Yedid Nefesh said...

I dont ever wear eye shadow, maybe you cud teach me :)

Princess Lea said...

Oh, I'll get there.

corti said...

I'm going to need the silver tutorial too, because those colors don't look good on me when I've tried...

Princess Lea said...

Well, it can't be silver only. Silver is meant as the underlying layer while darker gray is applied on top . . . I'll get there.

Sparrow said...

Although I think that silver/gray is the universally flattering eye shadow for people with a cool skin tone, I'd rather suggest tan/chocolate brown as universally flattering for those with a warm skin tone.

Princess Lea said...

I'm gray loving forever; if anything, my skintone is cool (yellow undertones) but I think when it comes to eyeshadow it is more about eye color rather than skin tone.

And gray makes all eyes pop.

Sparrow said...

I'm someone with a warm skin-tone. I have to add pink or purple to silver/gray to wear it. It doesn't make my eyes pop so much as look washed out when applied straight.

Brown also makes eyes pop (especially if you warm it up into gold, which might be closer to the silver).

Princess Lea said...

Brown is a universally flattering color, yes, which I mentioned in another post, along with the gold.

But I am averse to pink on eyelids. Purple/gray rather than lavender is OK.

I have very strong feelings when it comes to shadow. Makeup in general.