Monday, July 23, 2012

The New BYOB

My single cousin emailed me with an official flyer for a "Table for 8" function. After I emailed back that, sure, I'd come too, she emails the organizers, who fire back a response requesting photos, resumes, and boys.

Apparently, they have none.  
http://havesomelaughs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/jesus-resurrection-jewish-dating-easter-ecards-someecards.png?w=640
If I have to bring my own boy (gives new meaning to BYOB), what is the point of attending a single's event where I know all the guys already? And if they have no males, why do they need photos and resumes?

Needless to say, we revoked our interest. "I'm sorry, but I plan to have a stomach virus that Shabbos." 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, reminds me of the time a relative was going to meet a shadchan--the shadchan only agreed to meet with her if her brother would agree to meet w/ her, too.

tovah said...

Wow...with cousins like that, who needs enemies. That was hilarious! I also love the photos, resumes request. Who are they? NCIS?

Princess Lea said...

Anon: Thank God my brothers are out of the running!

Tovah: In her defense, my cousin didn't know. When they told her that, she also hurriedly backed out.

NCIS! I wish!